Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our New President

I am a pessimist.I'm not ashamed of it,but today in honor of our new president I stand humbly before you as a recent convert to optimism (at least in political matters).I cant help it,its too painful and scary to remain a pessimist.To think that he will do everything he says he will and everything everybody infected with Obama Mania wants him to do is scary.Now as an optimist I hope and pray all signs,omens and predictions were mistaken(even in my new optimistic state that remains doubtful,but one can hope)
I saw a quote that I think is appropriate for this occasion.Its from Gore Vidal, originally said about Ronald Reagan(as is obvious from his name being mentioned in it ) I think he was referring to his movie career and I feel its even more fitting for Barack Hussein Obama -"As the age of television progresses the Reagans will be the rule,not the exception.To be perfect for television is all a President has to be these days" This was said I assume around 25 years ago, its eerie how it became true it reminds me of 1984 by George Orwell.
Theres one more quote (more like a joke or one-liner)that I think appropriate to write here.Its from Clarence Darrow-"When I was a boy,I was told that anybody could become President;I'm beginning to believe it"
I think this is the only occasion where people hope to be proven wrong,hopefully we will be.Hey you never know.Worse comes to worst we can all make aliyah and deal with a whole other array of problems.

1 comment:

Mikeinmidwood said...

He is supposed to bring the messiah how can we not like him.