Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The 27 Club

Kurt Cobain(Nirvana)


Janis Joplin


Brian Jones(Rolling Stones)



Ron"Pigpen"McKernan(Grateful Dead)




Jimi Hendrix





Jim Morrison(The Doors)

As a fan of all these musicians I always knew the age of their deaths were at 27.What I only found out today is that there is something called 'The 27 Club it seems 27 is a popular age for musicians to check out.The 27 Club is a lot of those people who all died at 27 within the span of a couple of years(except for Kurt Cobain who was at least 20 years later)as a morbid 27 year old I obviously find this fascinating.

All intelligent people recognize there is a lesson to be learned from everything and everybody.I'm not sure if this is what one would consider Mussar but it can definitely qualify as a wake up call in the form of a kick in the butt.These people are world famous,most of them 30 years after their death.They accomplished so much etc........All by the time they were 27.All their shortcomings aside,who of us can say the same.

Once I'm on the topic of Kurt Cobain and Mussar although I feel it necessary to warn this is hardcore Yeshivash Mussar.I was told this by a former crackhead,I knew when I was in Israel.Kurt Cobain was at the epitome of his life and career.He was selling millions of Cd's he was rich,married to Courtney Love(I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not)he had a new baby,he was famous it would be anybodys dream yet he was still so miserable he took a shotgun and splattered his brains on the wall(too gory?)The lesson for those of limited thinking ability,is unless you have a higher/spiritual purpose in life it doesn't matter who you are or what you do you will never be content and happy with your life.


(I only realized today how simple it is to post pics so that's why I may seem a bit overeager)





No comments: